Illinois National Guard Grant
In order to receive benefits under this program an applicant must:
- Be an Illinois National Guard member, defined as meeting one of these two criteria:
- Be active in the Illinois National Guard or
- Have been active in the Illinois National Guard
for at least five consecutive years and have been called
to federal active duty for at least six months and be within the 12 month period immediately following
the applicant's discharge from the ING.
- Have completed one full year of service in the Illinois National Guard;
- Be enrolled at an Illinois public 2 or 4 year college;
- Not be in default on any educational loan or, if in default, have reinstated eligibility in accordance with ISAC Rules;
- Not owe a refund on any state or federal grant;
- Maintain an acceptable grade point average (GPA) according to the policy determined by the applicant's college;
- File a complete application each academic year, indicating the college to be attended;
- Applications must be received by ISAC in time for eligibility to be determined and the applicant to then notify the college about their eligibility no later than the last scheduled day of classes for the first term for which benefits have been requested; and
- Notify ISAC, in writing, of name, address or college choice changes as they occur.
Information about the grant program and the online application may be obtained at the Illinois Student Assistance Commission's website at www.isac.org.