Skip to main content

Indigent Veterans

​The county Veterans Assistance Commission shall provide burial for any honorably discharged indigent veteran, or their mothers, fathers, spouse or surviving spouse, or minor children who are without sufficient means to defray the funeral expenses. The expense of such burial to be reimbursed cannot exceed $900. Emergency food, transportation, and other assistance are also provided in certain cases. Please contact your local county Veterans Assistance Commission (VAC) for more information; IDVA's VSO's can assist you in finding your local VAC, as well visit Stand Up & Be Counted to start.​​​​